Texas DWI laws are both political and complex. Moreover, since the laws change so often and the consequences of even a first conviction are so severe, finding a lawyer for DWI or a DUI criminal defense case who is experienced at handling DWI, Drunk Driving, Driving While Intoxicated cases should be your top priority.
If you’ve never been through this before you probably don’t know where to begin in your search for a lawyer. Further, not knowing what to look for in a Texas DWI criminal defense lawyer makes the challenge of finding the right lawyer even more difficult. You’ll need to find an experienced, competent defense lawyer who can explore factual and legal defenses, review your case for defects, move to suppress evidence, compel discovery of such things as calibration and maintenance records of the breath machine, negotiate for a reduction in charges, obtain expert witnesses for trial, protect your driving privileges and safeguard your constitutional rights.
Above all else you should attempt to retain an attorney who devotes the vast majority of his or her practice to the defense of DWI / DUI cases. No attorney can give you a guarantee on the outcome of your case, however, retaining a firm that emphasizes DWI defense will maximize the chances of a successful conclusion. If you do not have a sense of comfort and confidence after meeting with an attorney about your case you should look further.
Does the attorney or law firm have extensive experience in DWI / DUI pretrial investigation and litigation?
Does the attorney or law firm have a reputation for going to trial or for pleading cases guilty?
Do you feel a strong sense of confidence in the lawyer’s or law firm’s ability to professionally handle your case, and do you feel comfortable with the manner in which the lawyer communicates with you? Does the lawyer seem genuinely interested in you and your case?
Is the financial arrangement clearly defined?
Questions you should ask to find the best DWI Defense Lawyer for your case:
- What part of your practice is dedicated to defending DWI cases?
- How many DWI cases have you handled?
- How many of your cases plead guilty as charged?
- Are you affiliated with the National College for DUI Defense?
- What other organizations do you belong to that advocate aggressive DWI
- Are you familiar with the CMI Intoxilizer 5000 breath machine used in Texas?
- Have you completed training on the proper use of the CMI Intoxilizer 5000 breath machine?
- Do you own a CMI Intoxilizer 5000 breath machine?
- Have you completed training on the proper administration of Standardized Field Sobriety Tests?
- Will you handle my license suspension case in addition to the DWI charge?
- Do you regularly appear in the court in which I’m charged?
- Will the lawyer I hire be the lawyer who actually handles my case? In other words, does the lawyer go to court, or will one of his employees handle my case.
- What will it cost to get a good lawyer?
Because my business is primarily DWIs, I have attorneys available all hours of the day and night to help get recently arrested people out of jail. Please call Toll Free 1-866-469-6056 to speak with an attorney that can help you now. Because each case is different and special, I offer a free initial consultation. To assist you financially in paying any attorney fees, I offer flat rate fees and flexible payment plans that will allow you to hire me as your criminal defense lawyer so that I can start immediately to protect your rights.